Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 5.1 Feature or Rumor? - Backup Fails; then continues from POF

2004-06-29 13:40:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 5.1 Feature or Rumor? - Backup Fails; then continues from POF
From: SJACOBSO AT novell DOT com (Scott Jacobson)
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:40:47 -0600

--=__PartEFCE438F.0__=

Can anyone confirm....

Have I read that with 5.1 if a backup fails, you can now resubmit the
job and if Enterprise sees a failure of that host within the same backup
window that it will now continue the backup from the POF (point of
failure) and finish the job?

Would be very handy when backing up a 2 terabyte system that fails 3/4
of the way into the job.

Thanks,
Scott

--=__PartEFCE438F.0__=

<HTML><HEAD>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN: 4px 4px 1px; FONT: 10pt Tahoma">
<DIV>Can anyone confirm....</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Have I read that with 5.1 if a backup fails, you can now resubmit the =
job and if Enterprise sees&nbsp;a failure of that host within the same =
backup window that it will now continue the backup from the POF (point of =
failure) and finish the job?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Would be very handy when backing up a 2 terabyte system that fails =
3/4 of the way into the job.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV>Scott</DIV></BODY></HTML>