Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Manual install of *NIX clients

2004-06-28 13:16:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Manual install of *NIX clients
From: KFreels AT askjeeves DOT com (Kevin Freels)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 10:16:25 -0700
Greetings!

Has anyone come up with a way to install the client software without
using the GUI or cp_to_client scripts? The problem we have is that NB
seems to require a NIS trusted environment, and we don't run NIS here,
preferring to access systems with ssh. Maybe someone has modified the
script to use ssh instead of rcp/ftp?

And what is (would be) the procedure to actually install the client
software? I have tarballed the stuff under netbackup/client and then
copied it over to the client system, but that is a clunky way of doing
it and doesn't always work gracefully. I frequently have to tweak a lot
of stuff by hand.

....k
Kevin Freels                         kfreels AT askjeeves DOT com
Senior UNIX SysAdmin                          510.985.7444
Ask Jeeves                                         ask.com
"We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well and live."