Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Log shows simulataneous use of one tape drive

2004-06-25 09:28:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Log shows simulataneous use of one tape drive
From: dlogcher AT MIT DOT EDU (Dan Logcher)
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:28:39 -0400
Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com wrote:

> Drive index numbers are assigned per media server.  While it's desirable to
> have each drive index number pointed at the same physical drive, I don't
> think it's required.
>
> You might want to check the "tpconfig -l" output for each media server and
> see if you've got different physical drives assigned to same drive index
> number.

When I first started managing Netbackup, all 5 media servers and master server
had different index for each drive.  It was quite the mess, and made it
difficult
to determine drive problems without a chart to translate per server.

It took me less than 1 hour to reorder each server and put them all in
correct order.  Much better now.  This is what I would suggest doing to
keep things straight.

--
Dan