Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] question on lto gen2 tape carts

2004-06-25 09:25:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] question on lto gen2 tape carts
From: dlogcher AT MIT DOT EDU (Dan Logcher)
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:25:51 -0400
Len Boyle wrote:

> Hello
>
> We are switching over from dlt 7000 drives to ibm lto gen 2 drives.
> Our initial order of tape carts were of the IBM brand and have been working
> very well.
>
> We are now looking at purchasing additional tape carts and the question from
> purchasing is should we stay with the IBM brand carts or can we  use another
> brand.
>
> So I ask of this group, have you seen an operational difference based on
> which brand of lto tape carts that you have used?

We've used only Fuji and had several problems.  A few have disconnected at the
loader spindle, one actually had about 100' of tape pulled into the drive and
was shredded.  Several tapes seem to repeat "Media Write Errors".

I would stick with IBM, since it's working well for you.  We got the Fuji for
about $80/ea, when we bought the first 1000 tapes.

--
Dan