Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] question on lto gen2 tape carts

2004-06-24 18:46:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] question on lto gen2 tape carts
From: Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com (Len Boyle)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 18:46:57 -0400
Hello

We are switching over from dlt 7000 drives to ibm lto gen 2 drives.
Our initial order of tape carts were of the IBM brand and have been working
very well.

We are now looking at purchasing additional tape carts and the question from
purchasing is should we stay with the IBM brand carts or can we  use another
brand.

So I ask of this group, have you seen an operational difference based on which
brand of lto tape carts that you have used?

Thanks len boyle