Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Command line to add media server to a client?

2004-06-24 00:29:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Command line to add media server to a client?
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:29:33 -0500
--1XWsVB21DFCvn2e8

* Marx, Keath <Keath.Marx AT anthem DOT com> [2004-06-23 21:30]:
> Okay.  I added a media server recently.  We backup a number of laptops (n=
ot
> via desktop/laptop option).  The laptops are in the environment on occasi=
on
> and they try and leave them here on or near the night they are scheduled =
> run. =20
>=20
> I need to be able to run a script that will periodically try and configure
> the client to allow access by the media for backups.  Anyone know how?

Actually, this has two problems, the NetBackup software knowing about
the new server and the client resolving the IP address. The first part
is easy. You can use bpsetconfig to push a new list of servers to the
client. The second part is a little more tricky. If the media server is
in DNS, then you are home free. If not, and you are using host files,
you could use bpgp to grab the file, edit it, and put it back with the
changes.=20

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com