Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multistream Restore with Large SQL Databases

2004-06-22 07:30:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multistream Restore with Large SQL Databases
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 06:30:12 -0500
On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 11:01:41AM +0200, Fiona Greenhough wrote:

> Veritas NetBackup 4.5 FP6
> Linux Master Server
> Windows 2000 Media Server with SQL 2000
>
> The SQL database is 750gb in size and a single and multi stream backup
> works perfectly.  A single stream restore works but a multi stream
> restore fails.

Veritas broke multi-stream restores in 4.5FP6.  We saw the same thing
with our Solaris master server (w/ Solaris and Windows media servers).
There is a file you can create that forces the restores to not
multi-stream so that they will at least work, but of course they're much
slower than they should be.

You might want to consider upgrading to 5.0MP2.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org