Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SDLT320 : ?REAL? native capacity

2004-06-16 13:55:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SDLT320 : ?REAL? native capacity
From: nantel AT ecopiabio DOT com (Mathieu Nantel)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:55:23 -0400
This is interesting. However, how does one change the block size in Netbackup?
I know how to change the buffer sizes, but I can't find any hint with Google
on changing the block size.

Anyone can comment on this?

Many thanks (again)!

On Wednesday 16 June 2004 1:32 pm, Len Boyle wrote:
> Hello
>
> You might try turning off hardware compression at the drive and see if they
> improves things. The data may be growing on the second compression pass.
>
> Also what is the block size you are using to write the data to tape. You
> have an inter-record gap between each block. The smaller the block size,
> the greater the number of inter-record gaps.
>
> len

Mathieu Nantel - RHCE,BOFH                       Ecopia BioSciences
Systems Manager                                 (514) 336-2724 x434
nantel AT ecopiabio DOT com
[*] Please avoid sending me Word/Excel/PowerPoint attachments: this
    assumes that I run MS Office, which is not always the case.
    See: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html