Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Expiring a single job on a single tape

2004-06-16 10:37:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Expiring a single job on a single tape
From: nantel AT ecopiabio DOT com (Mathieu Nantel)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:37:53 -0400
Good day NBU admins,

I started this backup job which didn't fit on the tape I was trying to have it
fit on (resulting in the job failing because it couldn't load another tape),
and I would like to remove/expire the job in order to recover the lost space
on that tape. Thing is, I can't expire the tape because there is another job
on this tape that I cannot have expiring (it's an archive job which is marked
"infinite" expiration date).

Is there a way in NBU Datacenter 4.5 to expire a single job on a tape without
expiring the whole tape?

Thanks in advance!
Mat
Mathieu Nantel - RHCE,BOFH                       Ecopia BioSciences
Systems Manager                                 (514) 336-2724 x434
nantel AT ecopiabio DOT com
[*] Please avoid sending me Word/Excel/PowerPoint attachments: this
    assumes that I run MS Office, which is not always the case.
    See: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html