Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How do you handle status code 1?

2004-06-08 17:21:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How do you handle status code 1?
From: kris.williams AT hp DOT com (WILLIAMS, KRISTOPHER L)
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 16:21:36 -0500
Hello all,

It's safe to say that we get mostly status code 1's on backups for out
NT environment. A spot check of the files missed normally shows a NT
system file that is being missed because it is opened with the
occasional application file.

Three quick questions:

1. Does anyone have any good/bad things to say about VSP running on
Windows 2000 NBU V5.0GA? The clients are a mix of NT 4 and Win2k.

2. Does anyone have a good script to show which files are being missed
on a given server? I know I can get the info in bperror and the NBU
reports, but the format is awful.

3. What does your company do to handle status code 1's? I'm looking for
both the technical aspect as well as the processes.

Thanks,

Kris