Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Three hardrives (C,D,E) but six streams (C,D,E,H,G,I)--Windows 2003 boxes; weird?

2004-06-02 16:01:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Three hardrives (C,D,E) but six streams (C,D,E,H,G,I)--Windows 2003 boxes; weird?
From: cheryl.king AT intrado DOT com (King, Cheryl)
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 14:01:28 -0600
Yes, we have this problem occasionally.  They are VSP files. I can't find the
VSP tech note I was looking for but here is one.

excerpt:
When you specify the ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES directive and allow multiple data streams
on 4.5 Feature Pack 3 (FP3) or later on the client, the snapshots created by
VERITAS Snapshot Provider will be backed up or attempted to be backed up
causing exit status 71s in the activity monitor on the VERITAS Snapshot
Provider drives.

The current workaround is one of the following:
1. Exclude the VERITAS Snapshot Provider volumes using a client exclude list
2. Create an include list that only specifies local drives and system state
3. Disable multi-streaming
NOTE: This issue has been resolved in Feature Pack 6 (FP6) for version