Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Long Distance Backup

2004-06-01 19:48:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Long Distance Backup
From: Kenneth.Lee AT sbs.siemens DOT com (Lee, Kenneth)
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 19:48:50 -0400
I am located at company headquarters where my main NetBackup server is
located.  Now, they want me to start backing up branch servers out in the
field.  Some locations have T1 and some have fractional T1.  Servers range
from 10 GB up to 140GB of data.  What methods are best for long distance
backups?  Should I install media servers at some branch locations?  How
reliable is restoring at long distances?  Can NetBackup, or for that matter,
any backup software, be able to handle long distance backup with a T1 link?

Many Thanks,
Ken