Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpclntcmd on Solaris 2.6 client fails

2004-05-27 17:16:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpclntcmd on Solaris 2.6 client fails
From: Dwayne.Brzozowski AT mail.va DOT gov (Brzozowski, Dwayne)
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 16:16:55 -0500
from the client, can you run a traceroute to that hostname for master? Can
you do the same for the ip?
Couple of things to check, make sure ip/hostname of master is first in
client bp.conf and also in host file on client, and host file on master.
Does bplcntcmd -pn work? The master does not  have to be in dns to resolve
with the client command, it just has to be in the proper places. Does the
client that works on the same subnet or a different one. If it is different,
then the configuration is probably different, meaning the client failing
uses another defined hostname for backups.  I have a setup much like this
right now. Let me know if I can help. I have many more ways to troubleshoot
problems like this.

-djb