Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiple stream bpstart_notify and bpend_notify...

2004-05-17 14:52:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiple stream bpstart_notify and bpend_notify...
From: charles.harris AT jpl.nasa DOT gov (Charles L. Harris Jr.)
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 11:52:13 -0700
This is an issue for me, especially if you need to use the NEW_STREAM
directive yet would like your backups to be scheduled by netbackup to
take advantage of the checkpoint restart features for netbackup 5.0.

For example, say you have 6 "NEW_STREAMS".  Using bpstart_notify to kick
off an action such as shutting down a database will be invoked once for
each "NEW_STREAM".

Does anyone have a solution for handling multiple stream when used in
conjunction with bpstart/bpend??

Charles Harris
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
IBS Systems Storage & Unix
Phone: (818)393-5297
Fax:     (818)393-4541
Cell:     (626)676-1425
Email:  Charles.L.Harris AT jpl.nasa DOT gov