Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Make a different box the master server

2004-05-14 15:01:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Make a different box the master server
From: dlowenst AT mail.sdsu DOT edu (Dave Lowenstein)
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 12:01:46 -0700 (PDT)
I'm sure this question has been asked a million times but I can't seem to
find anything in the archives about it.

I want to move my autoloader to a different box and make this new box the
master server for nbu 4.5 business server on solaris 8.

I have no problem with changing the hostname of the new master server to
that of the old one.

Are there any steps besides:
tar up /usr/openv on source machine
untar on destination machine
attach autoloader to destination machine
change destination machine hostname to source machine's hostname and vice
versa
fire up netbackup
crack open a beer

that I should be thinking about?