Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] changing media type from hcart to hcart2

2004-04-30 12:19:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] changing media type from hcart to hcart2
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:19:39 -0500
--=_alternative 0059B07586256E86_=

The media manager thinks that a particular media type is hcart when it
needs to think that it's hcart2.

I could expire the tape and then re-import the data but that doesn't sound
like fun and it would take time.

Is there a way of changing the media type of a tape via the command line?

The server is nbu 5.0MP1 running on solaris

Thanks,
KFR
--=_alternative 0059B07586256E86_=

media type is hcart when it needs to think that it's hcart2.</font>
the data but that doesn't sound like fun and it would take time.</font>
type of a tape via the command line?</font>
solaris</font>
--=_alternative 0059B07586256E86_=--