Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP or Not?

2004-04-29 18:31:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP or Not?
From: jkennedy AT qualcomm DOT com (Kennedy, Jeffrey)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:31:00 -0700
Or you could get a software package that knows what NDMP is and allows
drives to be shared....
But I digress.

It depends on the type of access to the data.  If it's all unix style
security or all ntfs security then absolutely.  Mount it up on the
backup server and go to town.

If it's mixed you probably want to stick with NDMP.  Maybe use lesser
drives for NDMP backups.

~JK

FC