Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] OpenVMS client and NBU 4.5 FP6

2004-04-29 15:00:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] OpenVMS client and NBU 4.5 FP6
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:00:03 -0700 (PDT)
I've got a NBU 4.5 FP6 server (Solaris) with the standard "all
clients" installation.  I'm getting an old OpenVMS client transferred
over.  Presumably it has a client on it already from its existing
invironment, so I shouldn't need to grab a client install just for
it.

However, when creating a client in the policy, I can't select it as an
OpenVMS system since there's no OpenVMS client software on the master.

I know almost nothing about VMS.  Do I need to get something on the
master server to create an OpenVMS "client" and policy, or do I just
stick it in a "standard" policy (as opposed to a windows-nt one) and
everything is fine?

I can't find any OpenVMS clients downloadable from support.

Thanks!