Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SSO with disk?

2004-04-28 16:10:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SSO with disk?
From: matt.beal AT lightsurf DOT com (Matt Beal)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:10:21 -0700
You have a point about losing a library - this method was set up rather
quickly when we realized our incrementals were only going about 50 KB/s
and were going to trash our tape drives if we didn't do something.

It turns out that bpimmedia doesn't help me too much - at the same time,
my comment about a source storage unit in bpduplicate was premature
anyway. I need the various incrementals to go to different volume pools,
so I have to do them in separate batches.

I think what I need to do is follow the duplication(s) with the listing
of bpimmedia, looking up each backup id, and expiring the ones that have
a copy already on the destination (tape) storage unit. Then I could
increase the retention of the disk-based backups to a week or two for
additional safety.

matt