Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Slots available in a library

2004-04-28 09:48:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Slots available in a library
From: fahnoe AT FahnoeTech DOT com (Larry Fahnoe)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 08:48:15 -0500
Tammy,

I'm not answering the question of which slots are available, but
rather how many slots are available with this script.  I use it as
part of our monitoring environment where the script is run every 5
minutes and the data is logged and graphed by mrtg.  Hope this helps a
bit.

--Larry

-----------------snip---------------------
#!/bin/sh

# Report on NetBackup data for mrtg
# Topic: Library scratch tapes / open library slots

# NB: This assumes a single robot...

PATH=$PATH:/usr/openv/volmgr/bin

RT=TLD
RN=0
SIZE=384

scratch=`vmquery -l -pn Scratch | awk '{print $7, $8}' | \
         grep "$RT $RN" | wc -l | awk '{print $1}'`

media=`vmquery -l -rn $RN | wc -l | awk '{print $1}'`
free=`expr $SIZE - $media`

echo $scratch
echo $free
date
hostname

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 02:46:05PM -0400, Yosifovski, Tammy commenced mumbling:

--
Larry Fahnoe, Fahnoe Technology Consulting, fahnoe AT FahnoeTech DOT com
952/925-0744      Minneapolis, Minnesota       www.FahnoeTech.com