Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 SSO environment question

2004-04-27 10:38:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 SSO environment question
From: bhillebrand AT fhlbi DOT com (Hillebrand, Bradly W.)
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:38:50 -0500
Just to poll the list - Is it a good idea to have every media server see
every tape drive?  I have configured environments that way and also to
only let specific media servers see a subset of the tape drives.
Usually this is due to other constraints, such as reducing SAN ISL
traffic.  But I would think it would also reduce network traffic as
well.  I have not had problems with downed drives and the like with
either config. (4.5 FP5)

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Brad Hillebrand