Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Odd media server behavior

2004-04-26 11:22:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Odd media server behavior
From: Harry.Schaefer AT turner DOT com (Schaefer, Harry)
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 11:22:29 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C42BA2.49C4BAE4

We have a Solaris media server with 2 drives on it. They are running through a
Brocade switch. By the looks of things, it is using both drives, but
alternating between the two and never using both at the same time.

Both drives are in the same storage unit, and the "max concurrent drives"
setting is at 2, and I am not sure what else there is to check. Also, if I use
inline tape copy, it will use both drives...

--------------------------
Harry S.
Atlanta, GA

------_=_NextPart_001_01C42BA2.49C4BAE4

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2655.35">
<TITLE>Odd media server behavior</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>We have a Solaris media server with 2 drives on it. =
They are running through a Brocade switch. By the looks of things, it =
is using both drives, but alternating between the two and never using =
both at the same time.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Both drives are in the same storage unit, and the =
&quot;max concurrent drives&quot; setting is at 2, and I am not sure =
what else there is to check. Also, if I use inline tape copy, it will =
use both drives...</FONT></P>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Harry S.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Atlanta, GA</FONT>
</P>