Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] alternate client restore with Rman

2004-04-23 23:42:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] alternate client restore with Rman
From: Dwayne.Brzozowski AT mail.va DOT gov (Brzozowski, Dwayne)
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 22:42:21 -0500
thanks for the information!! This is what I received from Veritas, and it
worked perfectly:

things to note:

-same oracle sid on restore to client as original
-oracle already installed/working,  and can backup and restore from current
master

-Veritas engineer suggested adding the No.Restrictions file instead of the
client2 file with client1 name added

-Netbackup master sever:
        /usr/openv/netbackup/db/altnames/No.Restrictions

Directions from Veritas engineer:

1. By using the NB_ORA_CLIENT variable in the RMAN script for the restore
you will query the NBU database as the original server, so you will then not
need to make any changes to the bp.conf files on the alternate server
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/262915.htm.

2. The following technote outlines the basic procedure for the alternate
client restore of Oracle for NBU 3.4
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/196781.htm. Take note of the
NB_ORA_CLIENT varible.

This 3.4 document works with 4.5.

This 3.4 document does work. DBA used these directions and had no problems.
Also, I did not user the No.Restrictions file (way to risky) and had no
problems.

-Dwayne