Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Limit jobs per client?

2004-04-22 22:18:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Limit jobs per client?
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:18:37 -0500
--BwCQnh7xodEAoBMC

* Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org> [2004-04-22 20:51]:
> I know that I can limit the jobs per policy, but is there any way to
> limit the jobs per client?  I can, of course, create a separate policy
> per client, but I'd like to limit the connections at the client end. =20
> I've got a bunch of virtual servers per physical server, and therefore
> NetBackup can't really tell that all of these virtual servers may point
> to one physical server.  As a result, we frequently saturate the
> physical server with too many connections.  Any ideas as to how I can
> solve this would be greatly appreciated.  The clients are both Solaris
> and Windows.

You could do it by policy, but have the policy contain the virtual
machines contained on one physical machine. That way, there are never
more than X number of virtual systems being backed up at one time on any
given physical machine.

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com