Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Not seeing imported images in NBU NCR Teradata client

2004-04-22 11:11:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Not seeing imported images in NBU NCR Teradata client
From: marshall.a.skare AT accenture DOT com (marshall.a.skare AT accenture DOT com)
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:11:51 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4287C.23DFC132

Hello all,

=20

I'm trying, without success, to import some Teradata backup images back
into my system.  We had some drive problems last month, and somehow the
catalog entries for these backups disappeared.  The import attempt I
performed indicated that it was partially successful, but it had hit an
unexpected EOF on the tape.  That struck me as odd since the image only
used one tape.  The image is expired, and I now see the entries for the
image in /opt/openv/netbackup/db/images/.  When I start up the Teradata
Client and search for the image to restore, I don't see it in there.  I
double checked and made sure the date ranges were such that I included
the date range for the original backup image.

=20

I'm not sure if the unexpected EOF means that I've lost the data
completely, or if I should have access to the data on the tape that NBU
could find.  I'm thinking the latter.

=20

Another thought I had is that I could try to cheat and restore the data
from /opt/openv/netbackup/db/images to get that information back about
those backups manually, but I don't know if that will corrupt the
current catalog database I have.

=20

Any ideas on how to see that image in the client again?  Thanks for your
time!

=20

Marshall Skare

Accenture Technology Infrastructure Services - Unix Engineering

(612) 277-4434

=20

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain =
privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you have =
received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete =
the original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4287C.23DFC132

<head>
charset=3Dus-ascii">

<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
        {font-family:"Book Antiqua";
        panose-1:2 4 6 2 5 3 5 3 3 4;}
 /* Style Definitions */
        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Book Antiqua";}
h1
        {margin-top:12.0pt;
        margin-right:0in;
        margin-bottom:3.0pt;
        margin-left:0in;
        page-break-after:avoid;
        font-size:14.0pt;
        font-family:"Book Antiqua";}
h2
        {margin-top:12.0pt;
        margin-right:0in;
        margin-bottom:3.0pt;
        margin-left:0in;
        page-break-after:avoid;
        font-size:12.0pt;
        font-family:"Book Antiqua";
        font-style:italic;}
h3
        {margin-top:12.0pt;
        margin-right:0in;
        margin-bottom:3.0pt;
        margin-left:0in;
        page-break-after:avoid;
        font-size:12.0pt;
        font-family:"Book Antiqua";
        font-weight:normal;}
p.MsoHeader, li.MsoHeader, div.MsoHeader
        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Book Antiqua";}
p.MsoFooter, li.MsoFooter, div.MsoFooter
        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Book Antiqua";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {color:blue;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {color:purple;
        text-decoration:underline;}
p.ABLOCKPARA, li.ABLOCKPARA, div.ABLOCKPARA
        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Book Antiqua";}
p.ABULLET, li.ABULLET, div.ABULLET
        {margin-top:0in;
        margin-right:0in;
        margin-bottom:0in;
        margin-left:16.55pt;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        text-indent:-16.55pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Book Antiqua";}
p.AINDENTEDBULLET, li.AINDENTEDBULLET, div.AINDENTEDBULLET
        {margin-top:0in;
        margin-right:0in;
        margin-bottom:0in;
        margin-left:33.1pt;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        text-indent:-16.55pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Book Antiqua";}
p.AINDENTEDPARA, li.AINDENTEDPARA, div.AINDENTEDPARA
        {margin-top:0in;
        margin-right:0in;
        margin-bottom:0in;
        margin-left:16.55pt;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Book Antiqua";}
span.EmailStyle23
        {font-family:Arial;
        color:windowtext;}
@page Section1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in .75in 1.0in .75in;}
div.Section1
        {page:Section1;}
-->

</head>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>I&#8217;m trying, without success, to import some =
Teradata
backup images back into my system.&nbsp; We had some drive problems last =
month,
and somehow the catalog entries for these backups disappeared.&nbsp; The =
import
attempt I performed indicated that it was partially successful, but it =
had hit
an unexpected EOF on the tape.&nbsp; That struck me as odd since the =
image only
used one tape.&nbsp; The image is expired, and I now see the entries for =
the
image in /opt/openv/netbackup/db/images/.&nbsp; When I start up the =
Teradata
Client and search for the image to restore, I don&#8217;t see it in
there.&nbsp; I double checked and made sure the date ranges were such =
that I

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>I&#8217;m not sure if the unexpected EOF means that =
I&#8217;ve
lost the data completely, or if I should have access to the data on the =
tape
that NBU could find.&nbsp; I&#8217;m thinking the =

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Another thought I had is that I could try to cheat =
and
restore the data from /opt/openv/netbackup/db/images to get that =
information
back about those backups manually, but I don&#8217;t know if that will =
corrupt

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Any ideas on how to see that image in the client =
again?&nbsp;

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>Accenture Technology Infrastructure Services - Unix =

style=3D'font-size:

Antiqua">&nbsp;</font></p>

contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If =
you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and =
delete the original.  Any other use of the email by you is =
prohibited.</body>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4287C.23DFC132--