Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] APTARE StorageConsole reports on backup directives (Ed Scheef)

2004-04-21 12:50:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] APTARE StorageConsole reports on backup directives (Ed Scheef)
From: josh.collins AT aptare DOT com (Joshua Collins)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 09:50:28 -0700
Ed:

The directives backed up will be rolled out in our next release. It
should be available in a couple weeks.

Cheers,

Josh

--__--__--

Message: 4
From: "Ed Scheef" <cescheef AT tecoenergy DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:16:49 -0400
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Vol 1 #3118 - mssg 1 -- APTARE StorageConsole
        reports on backup directives

Josh,

 We are running StorageConsole. I looked in a "Backup and Restore
Events Report", but
 don't see where a detailed list of "files backed up" is located.

 We also get requests for "backed up file lists", so it would be a
useful thing, at the very least
 on an on-demand report basis.

 I also, in the past, vaguely recall asking Aptare this detailed report
question. Their response
 was that StorageConsole doesn't keep the detailed "all files backed
up" data. Reason being that
 it would make the SC database huge.

 If you've seen the detail in SC, and we're missing that, please let us
know where to find the
 information in the SC report.

Ed

>>> "Joshua Collins" <josh.collins AT aptare DOT com> 04/20/2004 5:40:51 PM

David,

In your message below, you were interested in a list of the
directories
that have been backed up by a given client.

You might be interested in APTARE StorageConsole, the leading SRM Tool
for Backup and Recovery Environments.

One of the most powerful reports in the product, The Backup and
Restore
Events Report, includes the directives (directories backed up) for any
given backup/client. The report can be filtered in many different
ways:
by event status, by backup client, by group of clients, by event type,
by date, etc...

The great thing about this report is that you can set up email
notifications so that a list of recipients can be sent the report on a
regular interval, or specific date and time.

APTARE StorageConsole functionality solves a wide range of Veritas
NetBackup pain points including but not limited to:
- Historical Reporting
- Real-Time Dashboards
- Future Trending and Analysis

If you or anyone else is interested in a login account to the live
demo
environment with absolutely no obligation whatsoever, simply send an
email to demo AT aptare DOT com with "demo account" in the subject heading
and
you will receive an email back with the details.

Feel free to review a wealth of documentation at
http://www.aptare.com/software.

Best regards,

Josh Collins

Today's Topics:

   1. List directories being backed up (David Thome)

Message: 1