Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] labels and lto-2 tapes

2004-04-19 15:00:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] labels and lto-2 tapes
From: Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com (Len Boyle)
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 15:00:27 -0400
Hello

We are moving from DLT tapes to LTO gen 2. Our initial set of scratch tapes for
our different backup systems were purchased bundled with the tape library, pre
labeled.  Now we have to look at the methods we will use to add new tapes as
needed.

In the past with dlt we purchased blank tapes and labeled them as needed with
the backup software. The labels on the dlt tape just slide into slots on the
cart. With the lto-2 they have to be glued onto the cart.

What are others doing in this area.

1) buying pre-labeled tapes?

2) Buying pre-printed labels and placing on the tape carts?

3) Printing labels? If so do you use label media with adhesive pre-applied?

Thanks for your help

-- len