Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Required_Interface in case of multiple interfaces

2004-04-12 11:16:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Required_Interface in case of multiple interfaces
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:16:39 -0400 (EDT)
> Hello All,
>
> Greetings! We have a Master Server cluster connected to both public
> network and backup networks. We have virtual interfaces configured
> for both public and backup interfaces. How can we force all
> communication between master server and clients to use virtual IP,
> instead of the individual interface IP?

You need to ensure that the OS routing table is configured so that the
virtual IP is the one used for that subnet.  I'm not sure this will
work on all OSs though.

Alternative is to add SERVER entries for the physical interfaces to
the clients.  Configure the clients to point to the virtual master
hostname.

--
Larry Kingery
          Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark.