Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Client compatibility documentation.

2004-04-15 18:37:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Client compatibility documentation.
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:37:08 -0700 (PDT)
> I was looking for the actual official Veritas documentation about
> client version versus server version compatibility.  I didn't see
> anything in the System Administrators Guide, nor did I find a
> technote.  I figure I'm overlooking it.
>
> Can anyone point me to the Veritas documentation that would state
> what clients are *supported* for a NBU 4.5 server?

Hey, thanks everyone.  In case anyone misunderstood, I was looking for
what older versions of the netbackup client are officially supported
with a particular version of the netbackup server.

I thought I had looked at most of the documentation, but Jim Horalek
managed to convince me that the answer really is in the release notes
(on page 38 for 4.5).   And that only the 3.4 client is actually
mentioned, not any further back.

If the OS compatibility PDF (251712) has that information in it, I still
don't see it, but I'm ready to believe it's there since I didn't see it
in the release notes by myself either!

Thanks again!