Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] disabling media positioning check

2004-04-15 14:34:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] disabling media positioning check
From: Thomas.Tschida AT udlp DOT com (Thomas Tschida)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:34:15 -0500
Hello all,

I have a handful of policies defined for clustered file systems that
are consistenetly failing when attempting full backups.  They are
erroring with status 86.  I've tried forcing them to use diferent
drives, tapes, etc.

A third-party vendor we deal with thought there was a way to disable
the media positioning check by touching a file under openv/netbackup
similar to DISABLE_MEDIA_CHECK...but he wasn't sure of the exact
syntax.

Is anyone out there familiar with this file?

Thanks,

Tom Tschida
United Defense