Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Required_Interface in case of multiple interfaces

2004-04-14 09:16:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Required_Interface in case of multiple interfaces
From: dcarlisle AT paychex DOT com (D Renee Carlisle)
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:16:46 -0400

--------------8501866BA465270C5D14CFEF

--------------ABB6D927A967C67B2C13BD23

Rajesh,

We have this same setup using a Sun Master Server and Veritas Cluster.
I am not sure what OS your master server is.  We have the host name for
the master server set to the virtual cluster name.  When we installed
NetBackup we installed it with the virtual name as the master server and
we have the virtual name as the master server on all of our media
servers.  It has been working fine.

Renee

"Vadde, Rajesh" wrote:

>  Hello All,Greetings! We have a Master Server cluster connected to
> both public network and backup networks. We have virtual interfaces
> configured for both public and backup interfaces. How can we force all
> communication between master server and clients to use virtual IP,
> instead of the individual interface IP?Thanks Rajesh Vadde

The information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential, and
protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or any employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you. Paychex, Inc.

--------------ABB6D927A967C67B2C13BD23

<HTML>
<BODY>
Rajesh,
I am not sure what OS your master server is.&nbsp; We have the host name
for the master server set to the virtual cluster name.&nbsp; When we installed
NetBackup we installed it with the virtual name as the master server and
we have the virtual name as the master server on all of our media servers.&nbsp;
It has been working fine.
face="Arial"><font size=-1>Hello
class=871513922-03042004></span><span class=871513922-03042004><font
face="Arial"><font size=-1>Greetings!
We have a Master Server cluster connected to both public network and backup
networks. We have virtual interfaces configured for both public and backup
interfaces. How can we force all communication between master server and
clients to use virtual IP, instead of the individual interface
class=871513922-03042004></span><span
class=871513922-03042004><font face="Arial"><font

<P><hr size=1></P>
<P><STRONG>The information contained in this message may be privileged,
confidential, and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient, or any employee or agent responsible for delivering
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.
</BODY>
</HTML>

--------------ABB6D927A967C67B2C13BD23--

--------------8501866BA465270C5D14CFEF

begin:vcard
n:;
tel;work:585-216-0497
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Paychex, Inc.
version:2.1
email;internet:dcarlisle AT paychex DOT com
title:Systems Administraton
fn:Renee Carlisle
end:vcard

--------------8501866BA465270C5D14CFEF--