Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Script for changing schedule retention levels

2004-04-13 11:35:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Script for changing schedule retention levels
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:35:06 -0600
bpexpdate will change the retention on an existing backup, it's limited,
however, to a policy and can't subset to a specific schedule.  To do a
particular schedule, you have to do it by backupid.

First generate a list of backup ids by policy & schedule, then feed it into
bpexpdate.

for bpid in `bpimagelist -idonly -d MM/DD/YYYY -policy <policy> -sl <sched>
| awk '{print $8}'`
do
  bpexpdate -recalculate -backupid $bpid -force -ret <new_retlevel>
done

I'd suggest doing a:

bpexpdate -deassignempty -force

...afterward.