Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Script for changing schedule retention levels

2004-04-12 19:49:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Script for changing schedule retention levels
From: Harry.Schaefer AT turner DOT com (Schaefer, Harry)
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 19:49:01 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C420E7.A46802E1

I dug through the archives to no avail. I am trying to find the right command
line combination to change the retention level on a set of schedules. For
example, changing the retention level from 8 (1 year) to 2 (5 weeks).

I am looking for the command to first give me a list of schedules, then a
command to change a retention level on a given schedule. I can create the
script to go around it, and even put it back out here for anyone to use.

We have a Solaris master server running 4.5 FP 4...

Thanks,
Harry S.
Atlanta

------_=_NextPart_001_01C420E7.A46802E1

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DISO-8859-1">
5.5.2657.73">
<TITLE>Script for changing schedule retention levels</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I dug through the archives to no avail. I am trying =
to find the right command line combination to change the retention =
level on a set of schedules. For example, changing the retention level =
from 8 (1 year) to 2 (5 weeks).</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I am looking for the command to first give me a list =
of schedules, then a command to change a retention level on a given =
schedule. I can create the script to go around it, and even put it back =
out here for anyone to use.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>We have a Solaris master server running 4.5 FP =
4...</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Harry S.</FONT>