Veritas-bu

FW: [Veritas-bu] netBackup 5.0 Questions

2004-04-12 14:59:14
Subject: FW: [Veritas-bu] netBackup 5.0 Questions
From: GreenbergKA AT aetna DOT com (Greenberg, Katherine A)
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:59:14 -0400
I've got it running in 1 of my 4 Solaris environment and 1 of my 3 AIX
environments. The Solaris one is kinda sketchy. AIX is great. I'm
waiting til the first patch comes out until I upgrade the other Solaris
envs. Also, they added new functionality into bpsched which seems to
make it run longer... Support will tell you this, there seems to be
nothing in the release notes.  I had some big issues as we had a
CLEAN_IN_BACKGROUND value set on the Solaris master. When bpsched kicked
off, it would consume 100% of the system resources and caused some cool
issues, like tpreq failures b/c of lack of system resources on the
master to process the request.

~Kate

Katherine Greenberg
Systems Engineer