Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VSP cache files filling up partitions

2004-04-09 09:09:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VSP cache files filling up partitions
From: Dan.Otto AT veritas DOT com (Dan Otto)
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 08:09:57 -0500
NAI (McAfee) has a fix for this issue in VirusScan 7.0.  With VirusScan
7.0 you can exclude files from the scanning based on the process that
created the files.  If it is not possible to upgrade to VirusScan 7.0
they are currently suggesting that the NetShield service be stopped
prior to the backup and then restarted when the backup completes.  You
can also exclude the drive letter for the snapshot, which has been
tested and works as well.  Since we cannot be positive which drive
letter will be used by NetBackup, it would be necessary to exclude any
drive letter which currently is not in use.

Rumor there's a fix in 5.0 MP1 for NBU.