Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] netbackup 4.5 catalog restore / move

2004-04-08 14:36:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] netbackup 4.5 catalog restore / move
From: John Sconiers <jsconier AT earthlink DOT net> (John Sconiers)
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 13:36:17 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Hi,

First post.  I have two netbackup 4.5 solaris 8 servers.  I would like to
"merge" the catalog and get rid of one of the masters.  Problem is I know that
the catalog will be usesless when the hostname changes.  At another company I
saw an individual (consultant) do this exact process and moved the catalog from
one master to another master but I don't remember the process or have the
scripts (perl I believe) he wrote.  Can anybody help?  It's hard to believe
that Veritas would not have a way for you to change a hostname on a netbackup
system and still get access to the catalog for restores......;-(

JOHN