Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SQL Batch Settings / NBU 4.5

2004-04-08 12:30:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SQL Batch Settings / NBU 4.5
From: David_Attreed AT Countrywide DOT Com (David_Attreed AT Countrywide DOT Com)
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 09:30:17 -0700
--=_alternative 005AAE1188256E70_=

Good morning,

We're just going to start looking at our W2K SQL backups via NetBackup and
I wanted to get some opinions for people who've been down the road
already. We're currently running several dozen SQL (7/2k) backups via the
database extension batch files to a W2K NBU 4.5_fp6 setup - and the
backups are running fine apart from a few stragglers that take forever.

Having just read through the SQL / NBU pdf, I get the impression that
increasing the "MAXTRANSFERSIZE" from its current setting of "0" to a
figure of "4" (4 x 64k) would then make the data coming off of the
database the same buffer size as the rest of our environment, 256k. Is
this a correct interpretation?

"BLOCKSIZE" is next on my list to test different settings of so any
suggestions on that also?

Its an all W2K NBU environment.

Regards,
David Attreed.

--=_alternative 005AAE1188256E70_=

our W2K SQL backups via NetBackup and I wanted to get some opinions for
people who've been down the road already. We're currently running several
dozen SQL (7/2k) backups via the database extension batch files to a W2K
NBU 4.5_fp6 setup - and the backups are running fine apart from a few stragglers
that take forever.</font>
pdf, I get the impression that increasing the &quot;MAXTRANSFERSIZE&quot;
from its current setting of &quot;0&quot; to a figure of &quot;4&quot;
(4 x 64k) would then make the data coming off of the database the same
buffer size as the rest of our environment, 256k. Is this a correct
interpretation?</font>
list to test different settings of so any suggestions on that also?</font>
Regards,<br>
David Attreed.<br>
--=_alternative 005AAE1188256E70_=--