Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Questions to ask a Netbackup Admin on an interview *interesting*

2004-04-02 10:44:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Questions to ask a Netbackup Admin on an interview *interesting*
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 09:44:24 -0600
--=_alternative 0056AA5286256E6A_=

I think most of us agree here.

Just because you ask 10 or 20 questions, doesn't mean you're going to
stamp "fail" on their forehead and tell them to have a nice day if they
can't get 80% corect.

I'm fine with someone who can only get half correct, or sometimes even
less, but doesn't try to BS me on the other ones and either admits he
doesn't know, tries to walk through it in his head and gets part of the
way but just doesn't know the last step or tells me how he would approach
the problem and where he would look for help.

My biggest issue is all the people who claim to know it on their resume,
but seemed to have never touched the product in their life when you ask
them about it.

- Scott

Ed.Toner AT eu.nabgroup DOT com
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
04/02/2004 09:30 AM