Veritas-bu

Subject: RE: [Veritas-bu] sharing tape devices between windows an d unix

2004-04-02 02:58:22
From: Tim.Biller AT uk.experian DOT com (Biller, Tim)
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 08:58:22 +0100
We had this exact issue with Emulex cards, except that rebooting a Windows
box caused 84 errors on all running Windows backups.  The Unix backups,
however, were never affected.

This Emulex issue was only fixed with the latest driver for the LP8000 and
LP9002 cards under Windows, and that was only released last September.

We use JNI cards for disk only under Solaris, with Emulex for tape.  And all
Emulex for Windows.

And I have 2003 on short final, so it's going to be a busy Spring...<g>

Cheers - Tim