Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: A way to tell which tape is actually in which slot (DDS3)

2004-04-01 15:57:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: A way to tell which tape is actually in which slot (DDS3)
From: andre.lue-fook-sang AT thomson DOT com (Lue-Fook-Sang, Andre)
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 15:57:34 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4182B.F50592A0

Greets,

Does anyone know a way to tell/check which tape is actually in a particular
slot on a DDS3 unit?

Some of our units offsite are reloaded by personnel on site  who sometimes
mix up the tape and slots when loading. Then in the logs you'll see expected
LABEL_X found LABEL _Y freezing media, so it seems there is some way to find
what tape is in there? If I knew a way to check right after they loaded the
tape I could avoid this. Thanks in advance

Andre'

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4182B.F50592A0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Re: A way to tell which tape is actually in which slot =
(DDS3)</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Greets,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Does anyone know a way to tell/check =
which tape is actually in a particular slot on a DDS3 unit?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Some of our units offsite are reloaded =
by personnel on site&nbsp; who sometimes mix up the tape and slots when =
freezing media, so it seems there is some way to find what tape is in =
there? If I knew a way to check right after they loaded the tape I =
could avoid this. Thanks in advance</FONT></P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Andre'</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

</BODY>
</HTML>