Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] veritas support for NDMP DAR

2004-03-29 10:39:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] veritas support for NDMP DAR
From: william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com (william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com)
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:39:22 +0100
Netbackup only supports the appliances listed in the document "NetBackup
4.5 for NDMP: Supported OS and NAS Appliance Information".  That tells you
for which supported appliances DAR is available.   It was introduced for
the first time with NBU 4.5 FP3.

Broadly it looks as if appliances that are supported as NDMP V3 systems
may offer DAR.   Those on V2 will not; I guess maybe it was not in the
protocol.

You can in the files list try the various environment variables defined in
the NDMP protocol.  There is one called DIRECT to turn on DAR.  Looks like
DIRECT=Y may be a thing to try.  Look at the logs to see what is going on.
 I think in volmgr it is possible to trun up NDMP logging, but I have not
seen a docmented way to do it.

William D L Brown