Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle RMAN Backup Multiplexing at 4.5

2004-03-29 03:59:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle RMAN Backup Multiplexing at 4.5
From: Philip.Weber AT egg DOT com (Weber, Philip)
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 09:59:46 +0100
Thanks for the detailed info.  I had thought that the multiplexing of Oracle
backups with other systems backups would improve backup throughput and not
*too* badly affect the Oracle restore.  However I hadn't really thought of
the Oracle backup streams themselves being multiplexed onto the same tape,
which I can see would severely hamper restore.

regards, Phil