Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO 2 and tape alert cleaning

2004-03-25 16:58:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO 2 and tape alert cleaning
From: JLaurie AT csu DOT org (JLaurie AT csu DOT org)
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 14:58:11 -0700
--=_alternative 00789D4E87256E62_=

We've recently upgraded to STK L700e with IBM Ultrium LTO 2 drives. On the
recommendation of the STK engineer we disabled library based cleaning in
favor of the NBU software based cleaning. My problem is that I cannot find
any way to enable Tape Alert for these drives.  I know the SSO option
disables frequency based cleaning, would that also disable the tape alert
feature?

Another rant from
     James E (Jim) Laurie
     719 668-4188
--=_alternative 00789D4E87256E62_=

with IBM Ultrium LTO 2 drives. On the recommendation of the STK engineer
we disabled library based cleaning in favor of the NBU software based cleaning.
My problem is that I cannot find any way to enable Tape Alert for these
drives. &nbsp;I know the SSO option disables frequency based cleaning,
would that also disable the tape alert feature?</font>
Another rant from<br>
 &nbsp; &nbsp; James E (Jim) Laurie<br>
 &nbsp; &nbsp; 719 668-4188</font>
--=_alternative 00789D4E87256E62_=--