Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1?

2004-03-25 13:26:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1?
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:26:40 -0600
On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 12:59:34PM -0600, Rob Worman wrote:
> you *almost* cleared things up with that last email... ;-)
> y'all are talking about three completely different packages:
>
> (1) NB_50_S0248
> as you describe, this was a "special patch" released recently (March 1st)
> to address the vmd issue you describe below.  See also:
> http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/266197.htm
>
> (2) NB_50_1_M, aka "5.0 MP1"
> This is the first maintenance pack release for 5.0; this is the rumor
> you heard about 4/13 - not sure if that's an accurate release date or not.

I heard from my system engineer that "SP1" was out.  If nobody can get
their hands on it, I'd call that vaporware.  We're still at 4.5FP6
ourselves.

He did say that there are new features in what he called SP1.  Some of
the privilege separation pieces are supposed to be working now.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org