Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1?

2004-03-25 13:59:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1?
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:59:34 -0600
Steven-

you *almost* cleared things up with that last email... ;-)
y'all are talking about three completely different packages:

(1) NB_50_S0248
as you describe, this was a "special patch" released recently (March 1st)
to address the vmd issue you describe below.  See also:

(2) NB_50_1_M, aka "5.0 MP1"
This is the first maintenance pack release for 5.0; this is the rumor
you heard about 4/13 - not sure if that's an accurate release date or not.

(3) Netbackup "5.1"
A whole 'nother beast - the first chance for VRTS to slip some new
features into 5.0  Not sure when the scheduled release is, or even
if that version number is accurate.

HTH
rob