Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1?

2004-03-25 11:48:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1?
From: ssesar AT mitre DOT org (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:48:00 -0500
--------------050000010204080409020003

It's definitely not a "5.1" related patch. The patch fixes one specific
bug in 5.0:

"This Special Pack provides a fix for VERITAS NetBackup where *vmd* can
corrupt *volDB *when poolnames are multiples of 4."

Rumor has it that 5.1 will hit the shelves on or around April 13, 2004,
and I emphasize the word "rumor".

--Steve

--
===================================

  Steven L. Sesar
  Senior Operating System Programmer/Analyst
  UNIX Application Services R101
  The MITRE Corporation
  202 Burlington Road - K101
  Bedford, MA 01730
  tel: (781) 271-7702
  fax: (781) 271-2600
  mobile: (617) 893-9635
  email: ssesar AT mitre DOT org

===================================

--------------050000010204080409020003

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
It's definitely not a "5.1" related patch. The patch fixes one specific
bug in 5.0:<br>
"This Special Pack provides a fix for VERITAS NetBackup where <b>vmd</b>
Rumor has it that 5.1 will hit the shelves on or around April 13, 2004,
and I emphasize the word "rumor".<br>
--Steve<br>
Ed Wilts wrote:
    <pre wrap="">I've been hearing vague rumblings about the release of NBU
v5.1 sometime
during the month of April.  Does anyone on the list have any more
concrete info on when v5.1 is to be released?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
I think people were referring to the first service pack.  That's already
out, and you can download it from the FTP site.

  </pre>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
===================================

  Steven L. Sesar
  Senior Operating System Programmer/Analyst
  UNIX Application Services R101
  The MITRE Corporation
  202 Burlington Road - K101
  Bedford, MA 01730
  tel: (781) 271-7702
  fax: (781) 271-2600
  mobile: (617) 893-9635
  email: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:ssesar AT mitre DOT
org">ssesar AT mitre DOT org</a>

</pre>

--------------050000010204080409020003--