Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] adding another robot to my environment

2004-03-25 09:48:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] adding another robot to my environment
From: DDobbs AT mutualmaterials DOT com (Dan Dobbs)
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 06:48:59 -0800
Greetings, list.

I currently have a 4-drive DLT juke, and I'm adding a second robot
(Overland Neo 2000) with a SDLT and a DLT8000. I'm verifying how
existing policies should use my cool new 'bot. I'm thinking I can change
the 'destination storage unit' to my new robot and create a new pool,
and life will be good. Is there something else I should be doing?

Also, can I create a new storage unit that has both the SDLT and the
regular DLT, with a 'use the SDLT, but if you run out of scratch tapes,
use the DLT' type of setup?

Sorry if this isn't all that coherent. It's still early in Seattle.
:>)

Thanks in advance,

-dd