Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to change drive index number of SSO tape drive so all media s ervers use the same number.

2004-03-25 07:06:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to change drive index number of SSO tape drive so all media s ervers use the same number.
From: Robert.Stump AT dla DOT mil (Stump, Robert (Contractor) (DRMS))
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 07:06:07 -0500
VERITAS Software NetBackup 3.4 Xwindow motiff allowed for the assigning of
the index number to a tape drive.
I used this this feature to maintain the same drive index number for the SSO
tape drives on each media server that shared the drive.
How can I change the index number for a tape drive in NB4.5_FP5?  Must I
delete the drive and re-add it via command line tpconfig?
I know there is an option for  [-index <drvindex>] for adding a drive via
the command line tpconfig.  However, deleting and re-adding
drives on each SAN SSO media server would be time consuming. If anyone knows
of a simpler way to change the drive index please let me know.

regards,
Bob Stump (Incorrigible punster -- Do not incorrige.)
HP-UX Systems Engineer contractor
SAIC, DRMS-CS MidTier
onsite at Federal Center - Battle Creek, MI
robert.stump AT dla DOT mil
Phone 269-961-7157
DSN 932-7157