Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog sizes

2004-03-23 13:23:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog sizes
From: tech2187 AT yahoo DOT com (K Chapman)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:23:26 -0800 (PST)
--0-1181284512-1080066206=:20935

we do about 2TB a week (full and inc) and ours isnt 5gb, we have a retention of
a month on fulls and one that gets set to a year (one per month)

Jennifer Green <jc AT goo-rooz DOT com> wrote:Hi,

I am trying to correctly size catalog space and was wondering what all of
you are seeing with your catalog sizes. Generally it would be 2-4% of total
data being backed up = 1Tb data = 20-40G catalog...is this what you are
seeing?

Thanks

Jennifer

--0-1181284512-1080066206=:20935

<DIV>we do about 2TB a week (full and inc) and ours isnt 5gb, we have a
retention of a month on fulls and one that gets set to a year (one per
month)<BR><BR><B><I>Jennifer Green &lt;jc AT goo-rooz DOT com&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Hi,<BR><BR>I am trying to correctly size
catalog space and was wondering what all of <BR>you are seeing with your
catalog sizes. Generally it would be 2-4% of total <BR>data being backed up =
1Tb data = 20-40G catalog...is this what you are
<BR>seeing?<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Jennifer<BR><BR><BR>_______________________________________________<BR>Veritas-bu
 maillist - Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu<BR>http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu</BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><BR><BR>aaarrrggghhh!!!!<br>FreeBSD
Center</a></b> - File online. File on time.
--0-1181284512-1080066206=:20935--