Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog sizes

2004-03-23 13:00:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog sizes
From: Josh.Goldfarb AT blackrock DOT com (Goldfarb, Josh)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:00:02 -0500
NBU 3.41 datacenter.  3000 tapes offsited for infinite, large catalog size,
117gb, We use compression and since it is ASCII, it compresses easily.

I know it is extremely big because we infinite a lot of things,  But once we
move to either 4.5FP 6 or NBU 5.0 our catalog will not decrease.  We are
planning a phased migration to a new NBU environment.